Director of Development & CommunicationsCompany: Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
Do you want to be part of a team that is changing our community for the better?
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation (VHF) is recruiting a Director of Development & Communications to lead a comprehensive and strategic program of fundraising and communications to meet the organization’s strategic priorities. This full-time, permanent position reports to the President & CEO and plays a key role on the executive team.
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of high performance campaign management as well as experience in developing comprehensive communications and marketing strategies and effective operational practices. VHF is home to an award-winning corporate culture which means you must also have a passion for values-based leadership and collaborative team-oriented management.
Essential to this role are:
- Superior relationship management and communication skills
- A naturally persuasive style
- A dedication to working with volunteers
- A genuine interest in best practice management in the not-for-profit sector
- Exceptional work ethic
- The capacity to analyze and measure results
- A passion for our cause and healthcare generally
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) or equivalent
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or related business education
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or current training and experience in public relations and marketing
- A minimum 5 years of progressive management experience preferably in this field
Personal integrity, sound judgment, a donor-centred orientation and a sense of humour will contribute to success in this position. Our Foundation applies a major gift mindset to all gift levels and focuses on lasting relationships. If this all sounds like you then we’d like to receive your cover letter and resume.
The Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including participation in the Municipal Pension Plan. By joining an organization honoured as one of Canada’s Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, you will enjoy a successful, highly productive, entrepreneurial office that cares deeply about our cause, our donors, and our volunteers.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application outlining qualifications, experience and salary expectations by 4:30pm, February 16th, 2018 to email@example.com.
For more information, please refer to the key responsibilities in the Position Summary below.
Tamra McQuitty, CPA, CMA
Director of Finance and Administration
Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is a leader who stimulates and sustains high performance. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Planning and directing a comprehensive and strategic program of fundraising that includes major gifts, planned giving, and annual giving across all appeal types and donor groups.
- Leading a strategic communications portfolio that establishes a trustworthy reputation, clear call to action and inspiring case for support.
- Motivating the application of analytics and key performance measures to ensure continued high performance, transparency, strategic decision making and cost-effective strategies for building life-long donor relationships.
- Demonstrating values-based leadership that respects and enhances our culture, builds on organizational trust and supports the governance goals of the organization.
- Representing the Foundation’s values to the community and foster engagement with volunteers, physicians, medical teams, health authority leadership and the media in the pursuit of private gifts.