Donor Relations CoordinatorCompany: Pacific Opera Victoria
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
JOB POSTING: DONOR RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Pacific Opera Victoria (Victoria, BC Canada)
Founded in 1980, Pacific Opera Victoria (POV) has earned a reputation as one of Canada's leading opera companies. Our commitment to creating meaningful opportunities for artists and audiences has made POV one of Canada’s most exciting arts institutions and the fastest growing opera company in Canada. We invite wide public and private investment in our activities by building strong relationships with our supporters. We thoughtfully steward our financial resources, and ensure effective, renewable leadership from Board, staff, artists and volunteers.
Donor Relations Coordinator position:
Pacific Opera Victoria is looking for an energetic, self-directed individual to be part of a small, high-performance, collaborative team reporting to the Development Manager. The Donor Relations Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Management Team, administrative staff and volunteers. This position is responsible for administrative and organizational support for the implementation of all fundraising strategies; database management, volunteer coordination, annual direct mail and telemarketing campaigns, fundraising and donor event logistics, sponsorship benefits fulfillment, and managing project and reporting timelines. The Donor Relations Coordinator develops and maintains professional relationships with donors, sponsors, grantors, suppliers and volunteers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong communication, organizational and technology skills. Knowledge of donor management software – particular Tessitura – is a definite asset. Also valuable is your involvement with a professional organization such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
POV identifies Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion among its Core Values and encourages applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Office administration to support day to day Development operations and projects.
- Manage donor database including data entry, tracking donor contributions, ensuring accurate inputs, producing tax receipts and thank you letters, membership updates, list pulling, and generating statistical reports.
- Coordinate and prepare donor acknowledgement letters and mailings
- Produce weekly, monthly and other financial records and reports for fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate donor and sponsorship recognition activities, including invoices, sponsor agreements, reports, and fulfillment
- Assist with donor relationship management and retention strategy, coordinating communication efforts through direct mail and email appeals and stewardships programs (including attending productions as needed)
- Coordinate volunteers for development events, liaising with volunteer committee and venues, and provide onsite support for all fundraising and stewardship events
- Assist with the development and implementation of fundraising campaigns and calendars
- Assist with development of print materials from design inception, content creation to print production or online publication
- Provide logistical support for development events, including fundraisers, board and committee meetings, and/or performances
- Support with the collaborative endeavors of the administrative team as required
- Positive attitude and self-motivated work ethic
- Proficiency in database management, preferably with Tessitura or another donor/patron management software
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy of information (written and numerical)
- Ability to plan and manage events and projects; assess priorities and multi-task
- Strong file management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and independently on projects
- Proficiency with Excel and Word mail merges
- Aptitude for learning new technology and proficient with computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Web Content Management, MS Publisher)
- One to three years’ experience in an arts organization, administration or fundraising is an asset
Please send cover letter and resume, demonstrating how the candidate meets the qualifications and competencies in the job description, by Friday, February 9th
Mail: Pacific Opera Victoria, 925 Balmoral Road, Victoria, BC, V8T 1A7
E-mail: nmalcolm @ pov.bc.ca
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest. Applications will be reviewed as received and those selected for an interview will be contacted as soon as possible. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Pacific Opera Victoria, please visit our website at www.pov.bc.ca