Manager of DevelopmentCompany: Victoria Cool Aid Society
Date Posted: December 15, 2017
ABOUT COOL AID – The Victoria Cool Aid Society builds homes, lives, and community. We create opportunities for people who are homeless or living in poverty. We make a difference through housing, health care, support, and emergency shelters. Founded in 1968, Cool Aid helps 12,000 people in the Capital Region every year, at 16 locations in Victoria, Saanich, and Langford. The Society’s major campaign is to “Help End Homelessness”, to build an additional 360 apartments for people in the community who have no home.
All Candidates: Please forward cover letter and resume in confidence to Melanie Fleming, 101-749 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8W 1N9 or email mfleming@CoolAid.org.
Job Title: Manager of Development
Vacancy Status: Full-time permanent
Wage Rate: $70,000 annually
Work Location: 101-749 Pandora Avenue
Benefits: Eligible for 100% employer paid perks! We offer comprehensive employer paid extended health and dental plansincluding MSP premiums. Employees also enjoy:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week compensatory time off for attending events outside of normal working hours
- Municipal Pension Plan
- frequent training opportunities
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Days: Monday – Friday, some evening and weekend events
The Manager is instrumental in driving the Society’s donor, sponsorship, bequests and annual campaigns. The Manager plays a key role in major and planned gifts, and donor relations including individual, foundation, and corporate gifts.
The Manager will establish integrated strategies for donors and prospects including identification, cultivation, engagement, recognition and stewardship. The Manager will also provide internal consulting services and strategic advice on fund development initiatives.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess five or more years of successful fund experience. University degree in marketing, development, communications, public or non-profit administration, or related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CFRE and/or APR designation useful. Involvement in AFP, CAGP and/or CPRS desirable.
- Develop and implement strategies for inviting, securing, recognizing and stewarding major individual, foundation and corporate gifts and sponsorships
- Identify and cultivate major sponsorship prospects within the business and general community in collaboration with the CEO, directors, and managers
- Support others internally with cultivation and stewardship activities
- Create tailored asks for key major donor/prospects based on giving history, preference, and information gathered
- Personally manage a portfolio of prospects and existing donors
- Coordinate direct mail and monthly email campaign.
- Expand the existing legacy giving campaign program through the cultivation and stewardship of individual planned giving prospects and donors
- Oversee the donor/donations administrative systems, including acknowledgement and recognition
- Evaluates outcomes against established targets