CFP for Fundraising ConsultantCompany: Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
Date Posted: August 3, 2017
Call for Proposal (CFP) for Fundraising Consultant
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) is seeking proposals from Fundraising Consultants to develop a fundraising plan and strategy for the organization.
ICA helps individuals and organizations connect across cultures. We provide information, support and tools to help refugees and immigrants reach their goals. By engaging people through networks, education and arts programming we create a welcoming community.
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria is a non-profit society which values inclusion and respect within a culturally diverse society. Our broad goals and objectives include the following:
- Encourage sensitivity, appreciation and respect for individuals of all cultures in our changing community
- Assist newcomers to settle in the Greater Victoria area and facilitates their inclusion and full participation
- Advocate for the human rights of people of all cultures, backgrounds, ancestries, ethnicities
- Animate cultural awareness by promoting public multicultural events
ICA serves over 2700 newcomers annually through programs, one on one and group settings on topics including settlement, employment, English language services, and specialized support groups for youth, women, men and seniors. ICA is a Sponsorship Agreement Holder with the Federal government and works with community groups to privately sponsor refugees.
Additionally ICA provides diversity training and resources for the broader community. The Community Partnership Network hosted by ICA has over 200 businesses and organizations committed to building diverse, welcoming and inclusive communities in Greater Victoria.
ICA’s Development Program is five years old and in need of an external audit to identify fundraising strategy to strengthen the individual donor base and diversify funding. ICA is seeking a consultant (individual or organization) to build ICA’s capacity and success in fundraising as well as in developing a comprehensive and customized fundraising plan.
Scope of Work
ICA is seeking a Fundraising Consultant with a proven track record for creative excellence in developing fundraising plans and developing organizations’ fundraising capacity. The consultant’s responsibilities will include:
- Conduct an environmental audit of ICA’s fundraising capacity and review of current fundraising programs and strategies
- Developing a strategic multi-year fund development plan and implementation strategy that is reflective and in alignment with the organizations mission/vision/values and ICA’s current strategic plan and capacity.
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising plan with strategies to increase ICA’s fundraising efforts from stakeholders and funders.
- Develop a framework for donor tracking, recognition and retention.
- Providing ongoing consulting/ coaching during the implementation stage.
- The budget for this CFP is not to exceed $20,000, inclusive of GST.
Call for Proposals posted August 1, 2017
Proposals due August 16, 2017
Consultants short listed August 16-18, 2017
Interviews conducted August 21-24, 2017
Consultant selected August 24, 2017
Project begins September 5, 2017
Project completion January 15, 2018
All proposals must include:
- A cover letter to the attention of Jean McRae, Chief Executive Officer.
- Address how the Scope of Work will be accomplished, including a timeline and deliverables.
- Proposals must outline the qualifications of the consultant.
- Proposals should clearly demonstrate that the consultant has familiarity/ knowledge of local, regional and national fundraising approaches and ICA’s stakeholders and position in the community.
- Proposals must clearly outline the responsibilities of both ICA and consultant.
- Budget based on consultant day not exceeding a total value of $20,000 inclusive of GST.
- A minimum of three (3) references from clients that have received similar services.
- Proposals must be submitted by Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
- All Proposals should be submitted electronically either in PDF format or Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RFP Questions and Responses
All questions pertaining to this proposal, including requests for ICA Strategic Plan, can be addressed to Meghan Mergaert, Development Manager at email@example.com.
Statement of Non-Commitment
Issuance of this RFP does not commit ICA to award a contract or to pay any costs incurred in preparation of proposals responding to the RFP.